Lemonade recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to safeguarding the security of the personal information we hold about you.
THE KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We typically collect and hold the following kinds of personal information from customers:
- your name, your company name (if applicable) and your contact details (including your physical address, postal address, email address and phone number);
- your gender, birthdate and occupation;
- details set out in the form of photographic identification you supply during security procedures for order processing, such as driver licence number;
- your preferred delivery address and instructions;
- your purchase history;
- the name of the domain from which you access the internet; the date and time you access our sites; the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our sites; and other information you may supply to us.
We may also collect the details connected with your payment method, including:
- credit card billing address, credit card type and issuer;
- credit card number, expiry date and security code.
We do not store or hold your credit card number, expiry date and security code beyond the time required to process your order.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
We also allow subscription to receive email marketing communications from us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information about you when you have dealings with us, including when you:
- access and use our Website and social media sites;
- place an order for our merchandise;
- attend the store, via CCTV;
- attend a Lemonade hosted event;
- converse with Lemonade staff;
- make an enquiry;
- establish an online account;
- sign-up to receive our newsletters or join Lemonade mailing lists;
- complete a customer survey or send us feedback.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect allows us to:
- administer our Website and provide customer services;
- process your order and inform you of the status of your order;
- provide the products and services you have ordered;
- verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card account;
- plan and manage our commercial business activities including analysis of your shopping habits, product and style preferences;
- communicate with you (including via email or telephone where such contact details have been provided);
- tell you about our offers, services or products.
We may disclose the information we hold to our directors, officers, employees and other associated entities for business purposes and marketing or remarketing purposes through our Websites or other social media channels. We may also disclose information to third party service providers or contractors, such as courier delivery companies.
We may also disclose personal information where it is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms; or to protect the rights, property and/or safety of Lemonade, our users, staff and associates. This includes exchanging information with other entities for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws. In particular, when you make a purchase from the Website, we may make searches to verify your identity and validity of your payment method with credit reference and fraud protection agencies. The agencies will record details of any search and may provide us with a report.
We collect information about your online preferences using technology, such as “cookies”. Cookies track user behaviour on our Website and may record information, including your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you viewed, any documents you downloaded and the type of browser and operating system you used. The information is used and disclosed by us for purposes including statistical analysis and retargeted advertising, and to assist us to improve the functionality and usability of the Website. More information about cookies is available HERE.
Where we have your express or implied consent, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Lemonade.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our email messages or by sending an unsubscribe request to email@example.com.
OVERSEAS DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In connection with the operation of our business, Lemonade may disclose personal information to external service providers located overseas so that they can provide us with services, such as shipping, delivery, marketing and data storage. Otherwise, we are generally not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at http://optout.aboutads.info/
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lemonade has taken reasonable steps and established procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect against:
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- misuse, interference and loss.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which is the industry standard encryption technology for secure e-commerce transactions. When transmitting information via lmnd.com.au, such as your credit card number and other personal information, the data is encrypted (scrambled) before being sent or received over the Internet. Nevertheless, the transmission of data over the Internet is not guaranteed to be totally secure and your transmission is undertaken at your own risk.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you and request its correction if it is inaccurate by contacting our Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a reasonable period.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you would like to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you may contact our Privacy Officer via email@example.com. We may need to seek further information from you. We may offer a practical solution that is consistent with our legal obligations. We will respond to complaints within a reasonable period of time (usually 30 days).